Rope and cables installation works on project of construction of new Trebević ropeway in the city of Sarajevo Bosnia and Herzegovina
Newly reconstructed Trebević ropeway will be opened for traffic in April 2018, it connects Bistrik that is located at 583 meters above the sea level with Viewpoint located at 1.160 meters above sea level.
The symbol of Sarajevo, Trebević ropeway when it first opened in 1959 with a length of 2.100 meters, was the biggest one in the wider region.
For the needs of the contracting authority LEITNER AG, successfully and within the agreed time period, company UMEL – DALEKOVODMONTAŽA d.o.o. Tuzla carried out the following works on the installation of ropes and cables for the realization of the project of construction of a ropeway with gondolas on the Trebević in Sarajevo:
- Assistance during unloading of main rope and positioning of drums
- Creation of required haulage splice
- Complete non-contact pull of Ø 45 mm main rope in the length of approximately 4,4 km
- Rigging and preparation rope splice
- Assistance during the splice works
- Rope insertion in roller batteries on towers
- Installation and tightening the support cable on the required force in the length of approximately 2,2 km
- Stringing and installation of optical and copper cables, and their wrapping around support cable in the length of approximately 2,2 km